I would like to wish all our families a Happy and Blessed New Year and I hope your Christmas “holy”days were filled with wonderful memories with family and friends and good health as well! It was wonderful to see so many of you at our Christmas Concert. Thank you for the support you showed to the students and teachers for their efforts in performing for you. On behalf of the staff, I would also like to take t his opportunity to thank students and parents for their many Christmas wishes, cards and gifts.
Grade 4, 5, 6 and 7 parents are strongly encouraged to attend the Archdiocesan Sexuality and Your Child Meeting on January 15. We will be participating with the Holy Trinity community, starting in their school gym at 7:00 pm. We need to raise awareness for the preciousness and dignity of our children, especially in the face of t he re al dangers and threats young people face through societal pressures. We are expecting at least one parent with children in grades 4 – 7 to attend.
As we move into the New Year, we continue our focus on our educational programming in academics and our extra-curricular activities. There never seems to be a “down-time” in an elementary school, but may we always remember to enjoy each other and God’s blessings. As always, please contact your child’s teacher if you have any questions or concerns regarding their education at St . Edmund’s. Thank you for raising such wonderful, responsible children, and sharing them with us each day.
May God bless you and your family in the New Year as we grow in our knowledge and love of Him.
2019-2020 Kindergarten Applications
St. Edmund’s School is accepting applications for the upcoming school year. Forms may be downloaded from the school website http://www.stedmunds.ca. The application form, together with the child’s original birth and baptismal certificate should be received at the school office no later than Wednesday, January 16th, 2019.
After applications have been received, new families to St. Edmund’s school will be contacted for an interview.
Annual General Meeting & Registration Packages
Our AGM will be held in the school gym on Wednesday, February 20st at 7:00 PM and we look forward to seeing you all at the upcoming meeting. The meeting will take place first and registration packages will be handed out immediately following the meeting so please ensure that at least one family member attends.
Our grade 2 and 7 students have already begun preparing for the sacraments Reconciliation, Eucharist & Confirmation that they will be receiving. Please keep them in your prayers as they continue their spiritual development. We will be celebrating a sacramental Mass of Enrollment on Sunday, January 27th at the 11:00 mass. Everyone is welcome to attend!
Recognition & Appreciation
- Mr. Pietraru & Mr. Patel & Mr. Cadar for photographing and videotaping the Christmas Concert. (Photos and video will be available online soon.)
- Mr. & Mrs. Ruben & Rita Sarabia and Ms. Margie whose extra TLC resulted in wonderfully polished school floors and the cleanliness of our classrooms and common areas.
- Fr. Jerry and Mr. Al Delucrezia and his team from ADL painting & Decorating Ltd. for the interior painting of our parish/school gym.
As we begin the new year, it is appropriate to be reminded that the school uniform be worn with pride and with attention to detail:
- Sweaters should be in good condition. Holes should be repaired or the sweater should be replaced.
- Students should wear proper black dress shoes. (Boots or runners may be worn to and from school but must be changed for the school day.)
- Hair and jewelry accessories should be subdued in nature: Long hair should be tied back; only stud earrings are permitted; nails should be clear (no nail polish) and of reasonable length. Make-up is not to be worn.
Thank you for supporting our uniform policy and keeping our students looking their best.
- During the week of January 21st, we will have a number of our primary students represent our school at the annual speech arts festival that will be taking place at St. Pius X School. Thank you to Mrs. Calamo for helping to prepare our students!
- Tbird Leaders: “What do you want of me Lord?” The grade 7 class continues to put our theme into action and build relationships within our neighbourhood community. In addition to making connections with the residents at Summerhill, the grade 7s are also visiting Cascadia Society. Cascadia contributes to society by creating opportunities for people of all abilities to fulfill their potential through living, learning and working in the community.
- Basketball season is upon us! Stay tuned for permission forms, practise schedules and game dates from your coaches! We look forward to another great season of Tbird athletics!
Thank you to all our amazing students and families who helped our Student Council collection of socks, soap, toothpaste and canned goods for those less fortunate in our community, as well as raise funds for the Holy Childhood Association.